Are you concerned about injury caused by exercise? Do you have recurring shoulder or back problems that just don’t seem to go away? Are you recovering from a surgery or an injury, and want to make sure you choose an exercise that is safe and effective for you?
Yoga can be very effective for helping to prevent injury and recover from it, but only if you do it in a certain way. In fact, general yoga classes can make the issue even worse. With Man Flow Yoga’s plan for you, you’ll focus on building strength, mobility, and balance that translates into greater injury-prevention, more functional strength, and day-to-day fitness. All of the movements you need for healthy, pain-free, functional living - nothing more, nothing less.
|You may identify with the following:||Common Characteristics:|
|Common Challenges:||Common Challenges:|
Summary of Programming
Program 1 - Choose a Focus Area
- This is a program I developed with physical therapists to relieve back pain and address the root causes of it.
- Low impact, foundational exercises to prevent injury in your entire body, and help you recover from past injuries or surgeries.
- Build strength and mobility in your hips, core, and back, to relieve back pain and start feeling better in just weeks - or as little as a few days.
- Starting at 10 minutes per day, building up to 20-30 minutes per day. At least 3, but recommend 6x per week. 3-5 month program.
- The goal of this program is to strengthen and prevent injury in your knees by addressing all aspects of strength and mobility that contribute to knee health, including hip mobility, hip strength, core strength, ankle strength, ankle mobility, and balance.
- This program cycles through 5 main workouts, and also includes an optional recovery day for knee pain relief. You can use this as often as necessary.
- Complete the workouts in order, and make sure to complete at least 3 days per week. Repeat each workout a total of 8-12 times.
- This is a program designed to improve your posture, strengthen your body, and address many of the underlying causes of shoulder pain.
- There are 2 daily workouts, 5 days per week to get your body moving more, increase energy levels and improve mood, strengthen your posture, and improve your confidence – in just about 30 minutes per day.
- Build balance on a regular basis, and work deeper into your mobility at the same time. You can expect to be practicing yoga at an intermediate level 2-3 months into the program.
- This is a program that helps you address the common weaknesses that lead to injury in the first place. It is a total-body program to strengthen your back, knees, hips, shoulders, and even your ankles.
- Build functional strength and mobility in your entire body, and learn the foundational yoga postures while you’re at it. These workouts are slightly more challenging than Bulletproof Your Back.
- Complete 3-6 workouts per week, 3 phases, 2-4 months.
Using the filters, what kinds of workouts should you search for? (We try to update these paths and programs as often as we can, but we release new workouts every week, which means that all of the relevant workouts won’t be listed here for you.)
- Mobility, Balance, and Restorative
- Mobility & balance workouts to continue to improve your active mobility and continue to realize the benefits of the yoga workouts you’ll be following over the last few months.
- Restorative workouts to speed up recovery, build muscle more quickly, and keep your body feeling fresh.
Here are some workouts to specifically help you:
- Desk Worker Relief
- Neck Tension Relief
- The Scott – Gentle Spinal Recovery
- Yoga for the SI Joint
- Knee Pain Relief
- Full Body Essentials
- Spine Essentials
- Movement Essentials