This one’s for the yogis! Do you love yoga already, but want to learn more about specific technique for yoga postures (asanas)? Maybe you’re looking for more intense workouts, or interested in the convenience of practicing yoga in your home, and not having to commit to a full hour class. Well if this sounds like you…
You’ll fit in perfectly! We have tons of yogis who do Man Flow Yoga on a daily basis because they’re interested in the stuff they’re not getting from their normal yoga classes. Learn more about the technique, understand where and how to feel each pose, and get those more intense workouts to challenge you when you really want to sweat.
|You identify with one or all of the following:||Common Characteristics:|
|Common Challenges||How MFY Helps|
Summary of Programming
- Get better at yoga! Learn more about the muscles and muscle groups involved in common yoga postures in order to improve your yoga practice.
- Uncover and strengthen your weaknesses, increase mobility and strength, and improve your overall fitness.
- 30-40 minutes per day, 3-6 days per week, 2-4 months
The Upper Body Program
- Develop the strength and mobility in your upper-body and core for more advanced yoga postures like crow pose, forearm stand, and handstand.
- ~50 minutes per day, 6 days per week, 5 phases, 4 months
Yoga Beast 2.0
- My most challenging yoga program! Fun, energizing workouts to build strength and mobility to help you reach your next level of fitness.
- ~50 minutes per day, 3-6x per week, 2-4 months
If you're a yogi, you're probably looking for yoga flows. To find these, simply head to the Workout Library, click the "Fitness Focus" dropdown, and select "Flow".
Don't forget about the other workouts, though! There are tons of workouts that aren't considered flows that I'm sure you'll enjoy, even though they aren't the format you're accustomed to.
Here are 5 of my favorite flows:
- Hips & Twists
- Haka Circles
- 52-Minute Slow Flow For Strength
- Yoga Flow for Strength & Muscle Burn
- Dynamic Yoga Flow
We also have highly useful information for you in the Exercises, Tutorials, & More section. This includes:
- Pose Tutorials
- Common mistakes, errors to avoid, & other pose improvement videos
- Pulling Exercises - Learn the simplest, most effective pulling exercises to complement your yoga workouts.
Aside from yoga, what else should you be doing?
- I highly recommend incorporating resistance training and cardio (swimming is my favorite) into your weekly workout routine, but at a minimum you MUST include pulling exercises.
- Pulling exercises help to counter the pushing nature of yoga, which keeps your shoulders healthy and injury-free. Without pulling exercises, your shoulders are at risk. Make sure to use the pulling tutorials in the Exercises, Tutorials, & More section if you need more info!