Are you looking toward yoga as your potential main exercise, but have been turned off by the traditional spiritual approach to yoga? Or maybe you’ve been unsuccessful with other types of exercise, and you’re looking for a fitness-focused yoga that will work for you? If this sounds like you, then you’re in luck.You fit perfectly into the Home Yoga for Physical Training path. This is for people who are interested in using yoga as their main form of exercise, to safely and effectively build strength, manage weight, and live a healthier lifestyle. In addition to beginner-friendly workouts and scheduled workout programs, we also give you the tools and info you need to develop the necessary motivation and learn about the other aspects of fitness required to live an overall healthy lifestyle.
|You Are:||Common Characteristics:|
|Common Challenges||How MFY Helps:|
Summary of Programming
Bulletproof Your Back
- If you have chronic back pain, and aren’t ready for full body exercise yet)
- This is a program I developed with physical therapists to relieve back pain and address the root causes of it.
- Build strength and mobility in your hips, core, and back, to relieve back pain and start feeling better in just weeks - or as little as a few days.
The Quick Learner
- Beginner-friendly tutorial-workouts - follow along, learn yoga, and get stronger in the process. No flexibility, no fitness experience required.
- Start noticing an immediately improvement in your overall physical feeling and movement in just a couple of weeks - maybe even a few days.
- 20 minutes per day, 3-6x per week, 1-2 months
- This program teaches you how to exercise effectively, to ensure that you are exercising with proper form, avoiding injury, preventing pain, and developing functional strength and mobility for whatever you want to do with your body - even if that’s just fitness for day-to-day life.
- Uncover and strengthen your weaknesses, increase mobility and strength, and improve your overall fitness.
- 30-40 minutes per day, 3-6 days per week, 2-4 months
- This program is everything you need for a strong core, strength and mobility in your hips, and a strong, healthy spine.
- Simple, effective, and easy to follow workouts.
- Finish what you need to do for your fitness, and get on with your day.
- 30 minutes, 3-7 days per week, for as long as you’d like.
5 Workouts You Should Check Out:
- Movement Essentials
- Core & Hip Muscle Engagement in Yoga Essentials
- Spine & Hips Strength And Mobility – Level 2
- Breathing & Muscle Activation Basics
- Beginner’s Yoga for Men: Strength & Balance
What are good times (structured around your workout program) to do these workouts?
- Whatever time of day you prefer to work out.
- If combining with other workouts, on days when you are not doing other workouts, or at the opposite time of day.
Using the filters, what kinds of workouts should you search for? (We try to update these paths and programs as often as we can, but we release new workouts every week, which means that all of the relevant workouts won’t be listed here for you.)
- Strength, Overall - If this is your main form of fitness, you’ll want to do overall workouts, but also make sure you are doing strength workouts, as this is important for injury-prevention and overall wellness - especially if you aren’t doing any other form of resistance training.
- Explore!! - Have fun. Try out workouts that interest you. Whatever you can find that you enjoy doing, this is great!
What other workouts / types of exercises should this person be doing?
- Make sure you are also doing some form of resistance training that involves pulling, such as lat pull-downs, pull-ups, or rowing. If you need more information on these subjects, please check out the Exercises, Tutorials, & More section.