Do you struggle with getting in shape and working towards your fitness goals?
Well, I have good and bad news.
The bad news?
We each have certain “fitness glitches” that prevent us from getting in shape and moving closer towards your ideal body. Things like relying on motivation to start, having an entitled mentality, and avoiding emotional vulnerability are prime examples of these “glitches.”
The good news?
In this episode, I reveal some of my most effective ways to overcome these fitness glitches and limiting beliefs, so you can get in shape faster with less frustration on your journey.
We also cover:
- My 7 best strategies to getting in shape and reaching your fitness goals
- How to become more consistent with your exercise routine
- Common misconceptions men have that derails their fitness goals
Listen now, and reach your fitness goals with fewer progress-wrecking obstacles getting in your way.
The Better Man Podcast is an exploration of our health and well-being outside of our physical fitness, exploring and redefining what it means to be better as a man; being the best version of ourselves we can be, while adopting a more comprehensive understanding of our total health and wellness. I hope it inspires you to be better!
Use the RSS link to find the Better Man Podcast on other apps: http://feeds.libsyn.com/404744/rss
Watch a Clip From Episode 055
Episode 055 Highlights
- Why relying on motivation to work out always fails (and how to exercise even when you have zero motivation) (1:56)
- The counterintuitive reason taking action leads to motivation—and not the other way around (2:02)
- How to understand the difference between “I don’t feel like exercising today” and “my body can’t physically exercise today” (This makes developing a consistent workout routine a breeze!) (4:18)
- Why something as simple as planning your workouts in advance makes your brain committed to do them (6:22)
- How comparing your current workout to previous workouts skyrockets your risk of injury and disappointment (and what to do instead) (9:15)
- The “longevity” mindset shift for your exercise regimen that plummets your risk of injury (without sacrificing your gains) (11:53)
- The 6 aspects of fitness that have nothing to do with your physical health that create dramatic improvements in your exercise routine (14:41)
- The weird way emotional vulnerability makes your workouts more consistent, fulfilling, and fruitful (16:29)
- The insidious “entitled mentality” trap that tricks you into believing you can’t get healthy or become more fit (and how to overcome it) (17:18)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The 7 Why’s – My #1 Motivation Strategy: Discover the best strategy for developing personal motivation, and unlock more significant results in less time: https://manflowyoga.tv/programs/mfyl-gss-the-7-whys (Exclusive for Man Flow Yoga Members)
- Birddogs: Need a new pair of the most comfortable shorts in the world? Try Birddogs shorts using our link, and get a free tumbler with your purchase: http://manflowyoga.com/birddogs
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson: Available on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Subtle-Art-Not-Giving-Counterintuitive/dp/0062457713
Want to improve your sexual wellness, get stronger erections, and last longer in bed? Then join the FREE 7-Day Sexual Wellness Challenge here: https://shrtlnk.co/uA27H
Want to unlock more flexibility and strength, reduce your risk of injury, and feel your absolute best over the next 7 days? Then join the FREE 7-Day Beginner’s Yoga for Men Challenge here: https://ManFlowYoga.com/7dc.
Tired of doing a form of yoga that causes more injuries than it helps prevent? The cold, hard truth is men need yoga specifically designed for them. Well, here’s some good news: You can start your 7-day free trial to Man Flow Yoga by visiting https://ManFlowYoga.com/join.
Rate & Review
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
More Podcast Content
When you exercise consistently and push your body past its limits, injuries can happen. The problem is, most guys don’t know…
Motivation ebbs and flows like the wind. Some days you feel a surge of motivation, but other days your motivational tank…
Everyone on the planet ages the same way: We all lose muscle mass as we age. And muscle mass is actually…
There’s a trap that we all fall into when we want to build healthier habits. Everyone falls into this trap. Myself…
Thriving vs. Surviving: Live a Life You Truly Love Instead of One You Secretly Hate | CJ Finley | Better Man Podcast Ep. 060
Many of us go through life on autopilot, sinking into a comfort that can quickly morph into depression if we don’t…
I’ve gone through several different “phases” of my fitness routine over the years. I’ve done both weight training exclusively and yoga…