Your New Year’s resolution probably sucks. And mine have, too.
Think about it:
Are you even still doing your New Year’s resolution from this year? What about the New Year’s resolution you made in 2016?
Anybody? Anybody at all? Buehler???
But it’s not your fault your New Year’s resolutions failed. Not for the reasons you think, at least.
Here’s what I mean:
When you set up a goal based purely on motivation and willpower, you set yourself up for failure. Why? Motivation and willpower are fickle. They only last a few weeks—at most. And they can backfire on you, convincing you that you’re to blame for always failing on your goals — instead of how society has taught us to approach goals.
Here’s the good news:
There’s a better way to set goals. A way that uses motivation’s and willpower’s fickle nature to your advantage. And a way that helps you conquer any goal you set without fail.
In this episode, you’ll discover this improved way to set goals and build habits, so you can conquer your goals throughout 2023.
The Better Man Podcast is an exploration of our health and well-being outside of our physical fitness, exploring and redefining what it means to be better as a man; being the best version of ourselves we can be, while adopting a more comprehensive understanding of our total health and wellness. I hope it inspires you to be better!
Use the RSS link to find the Better Man Podcast on other apps: http://feeds.libsyn.com/404744/rss
Watch a Clip From Episode 038
Episode 038 Highlights
- Why relying on motivation and willpower to accomplish your New Year’s resolution guarantees you’ll fail (and what to do instead) (1:58)
- The 2 best habit mindset books which increase the likelihood you’ll conquer your goals (3:15)
- The “Habit-Based Goals” mindset tweak for crushing every goal you set (4:50)
- Why your motivation and willpower disappears after a couple of weeks (and how to use this as an advantage towards accomplishing your goals) (8:03)
- How asking yourself a few key questions unlocks an indestructible sense of discipline for tackling your goals (14:45)
- Why reducing your New Year’s resolution to only a few weeks instead of the whole year actually makes it easier to do it for the entire year (17:06)
- The “Gold Star Chart” Method for erasing overwhelm about your goals, so you stick with them (20:27)
- The simple 6-step system for achieving every goal you set for yourself without fail (28:02)
If you’ve watched a video of me on social media or in the Man Flow Yoga portal, you’ve seen me proudly wearing Rhone’s Activewear Gear. Rhone creates the best activewear apparel — and they even introduced a new line of dress clothes that are, hands down, the most comfortable dresswear I’ve worn. Want to try Rhone’s clothing yourself? Save 20% on your order by going to https://manflowyoga.com/rhone.
Rate & Review
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
More Podcast Content
What To Do When Your Goals Get Off Track (My Top 3 Strategies) | Dean Pohlman | Better Man Podcast Ep. 039
When you set a goal, it’s inevitable that you’ll get off track. Life gets hectic. Motivation fades. And before you know…
Think about it. Are you even still doing your New…