When we start something new—whether a new financial plan, fitness regimen, or diet protocol—there’s a period that happens a few weeks in when we haven’t seen results, and start doubting ourselves.
In fact, this is the #1 reason many people give up on new plans too soon. They let their doubts consume them, and convince them to switch to another new plan, only to repeat the cycle again in a few weeks.
Well, first you need to understand that following a new plan without seeing results sucks. But it’s a crucial part of the process.
If you have faith in yourself and the process to stick through these few tough weeks instead of giving up and switching plans, you will see results. And even if you don’t see results, you still build confidence and awareness that will help you unlock the results you desire.
In this episode, I reveal…
- The financial struggles I recently encountered which brought this issue to the forefront of my personal life
- How to stay the course when you aren’t seeing results, so you eventually achieve results you desire
- Why anxiety, doubt, and uncertainty is normal when you’re stuck “in the suck”
The Better Man Podcast is an exploration of our health and well-being outside of our physical fitness, exploring and redefining what it means to be better as a man; being the best version of ourselves we can be, while adopting a more comprehensive understanding of our total health and wellness. I hope it inspires you to be better!
Use the RSS link to find the Better Man Podcast on other apps: http://feeds.libsyn.com/404744/rss
Episode 071 Highlights
- The trick for building unbridled faith in yourself and your fitness, financial, or nutrition plan when you aren’t quite seeing results yet (0:50)
- How to overcome the stress and anxiety you feel when you’re stuck “in the suck” of a new process to enhance your life (2:21)
- The nightly gratitude practice for building confidence in your new plan when it sucks the most—instead of questioning yourself (2:50)
- How lacking results when following a new plan creates doubt and uncertainty (even if you know results will come if you stick with it) (3:55)
- The “Stay the Course” secret for sticking with new processes to improve your life (even when your inner critic convinces you to change directions) (4:31)
- Dealing with weak erections, difficulty orgasming, or incontinence? This new collaborative Man Flow Yoga Series can help! (6:28)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Pelvic Floor Series w/ Dr. Lance Frank (pelvic floor specialist): If you have issues with erections, orgasms, incontinence, or polyuria… the root cause is a dysfunctional pelvic floor. That’s why I teamed up with Dr. Lance Frank for a brand-new series inside our Members’ Area. You can access this series here: https://manflowyoga.tv/programs/collection-dr-lance-frank-pelvic-floor-series (Note: The Pelvic Floor Series is exclusive to Man Flow Yoga Members.)
- Donate to Movember & support Men’s Health Awareness Month: Every November, I team up with Movember to raise money to support men’s health issues. We’ve raised $13,503 since 2020. Want to help men everywhere by raising awareness for issues they’re battling through? Donate here: https://ManFlowYoga.com/Movember
- Black Friday’s Starting Soon: This is the FIRST time we’re having a Black Friday sale. Want to be the first to know about this incredible deal? Make sure you’re signed up for our emails!
Want to improve your sexual wellness, get stronger erections, and last longer in bed? Then join the FREE 7-Day Sexual Wellness Challenge here: https://shrtlnk.co/uA27H
Want to unlock more flexibility and strength, reduce your risk of injury, and feel your absolute best over the next 7 days? Then join the FREE 7-Day Beginner’s Yoga for Men Challenge here: https://ManFlowYoga.com/7dc.
Tired of doing a form of yoga that causes more injuries than it helps prevent? The cold, hard truth is men need yoga specifically designed for them. Well, here’s some good news: You can start your 7-day free trial to Man Flow Yoga by visiting https://ManFlowYoga.com/join.
Rate & Review
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
More Podcast Content
Subtract; Don’t Add (Creating Space to Create Change for 2024) | Dean Pohlman | Better Man Podcast Ep. 075
Modern society, social media, and other outside forces convince us that we’re not living up to the best version of ourselves….
Two weeks ago, I invited Andrew Daniel onto the Better Man Podcast. In that episode, he revealed the booby trap of…
Why Practicing Gratitude Will Boost Your Happiness (And How To Start) | Dean Pohlman | Better Man Podcast Ep. 073
Humans are hardwired to focus on the negative. This “biological glitch” saved us from tiger attacks in the past—but it causes…
The Booby Trap of Self-Help (And How To Actually Improve Your Life) | Andrew Daniel | Better Man Podcast Ep. 072
SThe self-help industry is a massive industry. And for good reason: Self-help can teach you how to be the cause in…
Trusting In The Process Even When You’re Not Seeing Results | Dean Pohlman | Better Man Podcast Ep. 071
When we start something new—whether a new financial plan, fitness regimen, or diet protocol—there’s a period that happens a few weeks…
Should you try switching to a plant-based diet? Is it really that much better than eating meat? What are the unique…