Most people believe that they need motivation to start a big task. Whether it’s a new project, a new workout routine, or a new way to enhance your relationships.
But here’s the problem:
Motivation ebbs and flows like the wind. Some days you feel a surge of motivation, but other days your motivational tank is on E.
The people who stick with their goals aren’t the most motivated, but they have a better grasp on how to leverage motivation. For example, you usually feel more motivated at the beginning of something new, then it tapers out.
In this episode, you’ll discover…
- Why motivation isn’t actually important
- How understanding motivation lets you use it to your advantage
- Proven strategies to follow when you’re lacking motivation
The Better Man Podcast is an exploration of our health and well-being outside of our physical fitness, exploring and redefining what it means to be better as a man; being the best version of ourselves we can be, while adopting a more comprehensive understanding of our total health and wellness. I hope it inspires you to be better!
Use the RSS link to find the Better Man Podcast on other apps: http://feeds.libsyn.com/404744/rss
Watch a Clip From Episode 063
Episode 063 Highlights
- The biggest misconception about motivation which actually makes it more difficult to start a new fitness regimen (1:29)
- The evolutionary reason behind why your brain doesn’t want to workout (and how to make yourself anyway) (2:00)
- The scientifically-proven “PAM System” for making your body and mind ready for exercise (6:19)
- How to hack motivation to your advantage by using the “Motivation Wave” (10:39)
- 2 simple things to do when your motivation is high to stick with your exercise program after motivation fades (12:02)
- The “slightly more” secret for sticking with your fitness routine when your motivational tank is on E (16:26)
- Feeling overwhelmed and unmotivated to workout? Try this “just one thing” mindset tweak to re-energize yourself (20:00)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Birddogs: Need a new pair of the most comfortable shorts in the world? Try Birddogs shorts using our link, and get a free tumbler with your purchase: http://manflowyoga.com/birddogs
Want to improve your sexual wellness, get stronger erections, and last longer in bed? Then join the FREE 7-Day Sexual Wellness Challenge here: https://shrtlnk.co/uA27H
Want to unlock more flexibility and strength, reduce your risk of injury, and feel your absolute best over the next 7 days? Then join the FREE 7-Day Beginner’s Yoga for Men Challenge here: https://ManFlowYoga.com/7dc.
Tired of doing a form of yoga that causes more injuries than it helps prevent? The cold, hard truth is men need yoga specifically designed for them. Well, here’s some good news: You can start your 7-day free trial to Man Flow Yoga by visiting https://ManFlowYoga.com/join.
Rate & Review
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
More Podcast Content
What do you do when you’re stuck in a rut and your motivation is running out?
If your first reaction is to…
How Low-Effort Exercise Enhances Your Health More Than High-Intensity Workouts | Brian Mackenzie | Better Man Podcast Ep. 083
Men today live in a constant state of stress. Despite never being safer from external threats, modern society presents us with…
The Power of Being Alone: My 24-Hour Solo Retreat Experience | Dean Pohlman | Better Man Podcast Ep. 082
Today’s hustle culture tricks men, myself included, into jamming more activities into our day to become more productive, more successful, and…
Why Having a Million Dollars in Your Bank Account Won’t Make You Happy | Noah Kagan | Better Man Podcast Ep. 081
Go up to any man on the street and ask him whether he’d like to have more money, and you’ll get…
How To Boost Your Productivity & Work-Life Balance When Working from Home | Dean Pohlman | Better Man Podcast Ep. 080
More people than ever have the option to work from home.
But is working from home all it’s cracked up to be?
How to Push Past Your Limiting Beliefs by Operating at a Higher Frequency | Jason Drees | Better Man Podcast Ep. 079
What if I told you that there’s only one thing standing between you and the most impossible goal you could think…