Most people believe that they need motivation to start a big task. Whether it’s a new project, a new workout routine, or a new way to enhance your relationships.
But here’s the problem:
Motivation ebbs and flows like the wind. Some days you feel a surge of motivation, but other days your motivational tank is on E.
The people who stick with their goals aren’t the most motivated, but they have a better grasp on how to leverage motivation. For example, you usually feel more motivated at the beginning of something new, then it tapers out.
In this episode, you’ll discover…
- Why motivation isn’t actually important
- How understanding motivation lets you use it to your advantage
- Proven strategies to follow when you’re lacking motivation
The Better Man Podcast is an exploration of our health and well-being outside of our physical fitness, exploring and redefining what it means to be better as a man; being the best version of ourselves we can be, while adopting a more comprehensive understanding of our total health and wellness. I hope it inspires you to be better!
Use the RSS link to find the Better Man Podcast on other apps: http://feeds.libsyn.com/404744/rss
Watch a Clip From Episode 063
Episode 063 Highlights
- The biggest misconception about motivation which actually makes it more difficult to start a new fitness regimen (1:29)
- The evolutionary reason behind why your brain doesn’t want to workout (and how to make yourself anyway) (2:00)
- The scientifically-proven “PAM System” for making your body and mind ready for exercise (6:19)
- How to hack motivation to your advantage by using the “Motivation Wave” (10:39)
- 2 simple things to do when your motivation is high to stick with your exercise program after motivation fades (12:02)
- The “slightly more” secret for sticking with your fitness routine when your motivational tank is on E (16:26)
- Feeling overwhelmed and unmotivated to workout? Try this “just one thing” mindset tweak to re-energize yourself (20:00)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Birddogs: Need a new pair of the most comfortable shorts in the world? Try Birddogs shorts using our link, and get a free tumbler with your purchase: http://manflowyoga.com/birddogs
Want to improve your sexual wellness, get stronger erections, and last longer in bed? Then join the FREE 7-Day Sexual Wellness Challenge here: https://shrtlnk.co/uA27H
Want to unlock more flexibility and strength, reduce your risk of injury, and feel your absolute best over the next 7 days? Then join the FREE 7-Day Beginner’s Yoga for Men Challenge here: https://ManFlowYoga.com/7dc.
Tired of doing a form of yoga that causes more injuries than it helps prevent? The cold, hard truth is men need yoga specifically designed for them. Well, here’s some good news: You can start your 7-day free trial to Man Flow Yoga by visiting https://ManFlowYoga.com/join.
Rate & Review
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
More Podcast Content
When you exercise consistently and push your body past its limits, injuries can happen. The problem is, most guys don’t know…
Motivation ebbs and flows like the wind. Some days you feel a surge of motivation, but other days your motivational tank…
Everyone on the planet ages the same way: We all lose muscle mass as we age. And muscle mass is actually…
There’s a trap that we all fall into when we want to build healthier habits. Everyone falls into this trap. Myself…
Thriving vs. Surviving: Live a Life You Truly Love Instead of One You Secretly Hate | CJ Finley | Better Man Podcast Ep. 060
Many of us go through life on autopilot, sinking into a comfort that can quickly morph into depression if we don’t…
I’ve gone through several different “phases” of my fitness routine over the years. I’ve done both weight training exclusively and yoga…