I have the same worries about life, finances, and my long-term health as you do. I struggle with many of the same things you struggle with too—whether it’s working out, eating healthy, staying present, saving money, and the list goes on.
If I can be brutally honest with you… It’s exhausting.
All of these fears, worries, and doubts cause stress. And stress makes everything harder.
Here’s the thing…
The human mind is programmed for negativity. This is how our ancestors survived when tiger threats loomed. And unless you upgrade the software your brain uses, life will continue being more stressful and miserable than it needs to be.
Today’s show is a bit different than usual. Instead of hammering home how to improve your physical health, I’m peeling back the curtain for you, revealing why I haven’t been in the best headspace lately, and what I’m doing to actively climb out of the negative emotional state I’ve been in.
During this episode, we cover…
- How to curb overwhelm and anxiety before it takes a toll on your emotional health
- Why gratitude is a cheat code for positivity (and how to practice gratitude when you’re not feeling grateful)
- How doing things now—instead of putting them off for later—helps you stay present and feel joyous
The Better Man Podcast is an exploration of our health and well-being outside of our physical fitness, exploring and redefining what it means to be better as a man; being the best version of ourselves we can be, while adopting a more comprehensive understanding of our total health and wellness. I hope it inspires you to be better!
Use the RSS link to find the Better Man Podcast on other apps: http://feeds.libsyn.com/404744/rss
Episode 065 Highlights
- The insidious way making mistakes makes you question your self-worth (and how to bounce back after gut-wrenching mistakes) (3:32)
- How writing down your most intrusive thoughts instead of shying away from them lets you actually abandon them (4:53)
- Why humans are wired for negativity—and how gratitude makes your worried mind shut up (7:17)
- The “Worthy Right Now” mindset tweak for instantly becoming present in the moment (even when you’re worried or stressed) (9:56)
- How to prevent the double-edged sword of success from sabotaging your family and happiness (13:06)
- Drowning in a pool of overwhelm or anxiety? Here’s how doing something now—even if it’s small and doesn’t eliminate your worries—alleviates these nasty emotions (16:14)
Want to improve your sexual wellness, get stronger erections, and last longer in bed? Then join the FREE 7-Day Sexual Wellness Challenge here: https://shrtlnk.co/uA27H
Want to unlock more flexibility and strength, reduce your risk of injury, and feel your absolute best over the next 7 days? Then join the FREE 7-Day Beginner’s Yoga for Men Challenge here: https://ManFlowYoga.com/7dc.
Tired of doing a form of yoga that causes more injuries than it helps prevent? The cold, hard truth is men need yoga specifically designed for them. Well, here’s some good news: You can start your 7-day free trial to Man Flow Yoga by visiting https://ManFlowYoga.com/join.
Rate & Review
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
More Podcast Content
Subtract; Don’t Add (Creating Space to Create Change for 2024) | Dean Pohlman | Better Man Podcast Ep. 075
Modern society, social media, and other outside forces convince us that we’re not living up to the best version of ourselves….
Two weeks ago, I invited Andrew Daniel onto the Better Man Podcast. In that episode, he revealed the booby trap of…
Why Practicing Gratitude Will Boost Your Happiness (And How To Start) | Dean Pohlman | Better Man Podcast Ep. 073
Humans are hardwired to focus on the negative. This “biological glitch” saved us from tiger attacks in the past—but it causes…
The Booby Trap of Self-Help (And How To Actually Improve Your Life) | Andrew Daniel | Better Man Podcast Ep. 072
SThe self-help industry is a massive industry. And for good reason: Self-help can teach you how to be the cause in…
Trusting In The Process Even When You’re Not Seeing Results | Dean Pohlman | Better Man Podcast Ep. 071
When we start something new—whether a new financial plan, fitness regimen, or diet protocol—there’s a period that happens a few weeks…
Should you try switching to a plant-based diet? Is it really that much better than eating meat? What are the unique…