Today’s hustle culture tricks men, myself included, into jamming more activities into our day to become more productive, more successful, and more fulfilled.
But this relentless pursuit of self-development opens up a void in our life. The more things we shove into our day, the less time we have to slow down and reflect on what actually matters.
In other words, adding more productivity hacks doesn’t result in significant improvement. It does the opposite: It drives you to the verge of burnout.
Nothing made this clearer to me than when I went on a 24-hour solo retreat. During these 24 hours of solitude, I realized some crucial things about my business, relationships, and life. And I want to share the template I used, so that you can do the same in your life if you’re feeling burnt out and unfilled.
In this episode, I reveal:
- Why being alone, free from external influences, unlocks more meaningful change in less time
- How doing less makes you more fulfilled
- The exact template I followed during my 24-hour solo retreat that resulted in immediate transformation
The Better Man Podcast is an exploration of our health and well-being outside of our physical fitness, exploring and redefining what it means to be better as a man; being the best version of ourselves we can be, while adopting a more comprehensive understanding of our total health and wellness. I hope it inspires you to be better!
Use the RSS link to find the Better Man Podcast on other apps: http://feeds.libsyn.com/404744/rss
Episode 082 Highlights
- 6 simple questions to ask yourself to make 2024 more successful and fulfilling than 2023 (4:53)
- Why listening to your own thoughts instead of relying on external influences (like books and podcasts) unlocks meaningful change—faster (6:12)
- 8 activities to dabble in when you’re feeling burnt out to refuel and revitalize you (7:11)
- How long hikes clear out all your “brain gunk” and help you find mental clarity (even when you’re up to your neck in stress) (9:07)
- Why “feeling” your way to self-development instead of “thinking” your way there unleashes significant improvement (and how to do this) (11:29)
- The “building and optimizing” mistake of self-improvement that keeps you stuck, unfulfilled, and on the verge of burning out (15:41)
- Constantly in “Go, Go, Go Mode?” Here’s why doing less makes you feel more fulfilled (19:41)
Want to improve your sexual wellness, get stronger erections, and last longer in bed? Then join the FREE 7-Day Sexual Wellness Challenge here: https://shrtlnk.co/uA27H
Want to unlock more flexibility and strength, reduce your risk of injury, and feel your absolute best over the next 7 days? Then join the FREE 7-Day Beginner’s Yoga for Men Challenge here: https://ManFlowYoga.com/7dc.
Tired of doing a form of yoga that causes more injuries than it helps prevent? The cold, hard truth is men need yoga specifically designed for them. Well, here’s some good news: You can start your 7-day free trial to Man Flow Yoga by visiting https://ManFlowYoga.com/join.
Rate & Review
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
More Podcast Content
Motivation is a fickle beast. One day, your motivation soars and you finally start a fitness program. The next day, your…
What do you do when you’re stuck in a rut and your motivation is running out?
If your first reaction is to…
How Low-Effort Exercise Enhances Your Health More Than High-Intensity Workouts | Brian Mackenzie | Better Man Podcast Ep. 083
Men today live in a constant state of stress. Despite never being safer from external threats, modern society presents us with…
The Power of Being Alone: My 24-Hour Solo Retreat Experience | Dean Pohlman | Better Man Podcast Ep. 082
Today’s hustle culture tricks men, myself included, into jamming more activities into our day to become more productive, more successful, and…
Why Having a Million Dollars in Your Bank Account Won’t Make You Happy | Noah Kagan | Better Man Podcast Ep. 081
Go up to any man on the street and ask him whether he’d like to have more money, and you’ll get…
How To Boost Your Productivity & Work-Life Balance When Working from Home | Dean Pohlman | Better Man Podcast Ep. 080
More people than ever have the option to work from home.
But is working from home all it’s cracked up to be?