The statistics around New Year’s Resolutions are startling:
23% of people give up on their New Year’s Resolution by the end of the first week. By the end of January, 43% of people had already quit on their resolutions. And only 9% of people actually complete their resolutions by the end of the year.
Well, most people don’t understand how to properly reflect on the past year and set realistic, yet challenging goals for 2024. Even I have fallen into this trap in previous years, which is why I wanted to record this episode.
In today’s show, you’ll discover…
- How to enter the 9% of people who actually accomplish all their 2024 goals
- Why juggling too many new habits at once leads to burnout (and what to do instead to accomplish a variety of personal and professional goals
- And I reveal some of the questions I ask myself to best reflect on 2023 and prioritize my goals for 2024
The Better Man Podcast is an exploration of our health and well-being outside of our physical fitness, exploring and redefining what it means to be better as a man; being the best version of ourselves we can be, while adopting a more comprehensive understanding of our total health and wellness. I hope it inspires you to be better!
Use the RSS link to find the Better Man Podcast on other apps: http://feeds.libsyn.com/404744/rss
Episode 076 Highlights
- Why doing a yoga session before setting your 2024 goals actually makes you more likely to achieve them (1:58)
- How to reflect on 2023 and prepare for 2024 to make it your best year yet—with only a single piece of paper and a pen (2:24)
- Why only setting outcome-based goals leaves you feeling unaccomplished and burnt out at year’s end (and what to do instead to crush all your 2024 goals) (6:10)
- How to best prioritize your 2024 goals (14:16)
- The “Longer Timeline” habit-building secret that guarantees you hit more goals in 2024 than you did in 2023 (14:40)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Better Day Series Challenge: Starting January 8th, the Man Flow Yoga Community is participating in a community-wide challenge where we’ll do the Better Day Series—a program that combines overall fitness, strength, flexibility, body awareness, and breathing to have a better day, physically and mentally. If you want to join the community challenge, you’ll need a Man Flow Yoga Membership, which you can get here: https://manflowyoga.com/join
Want to improve your sexual wellness, get stronger erections, and last longer in bed? Then join the FREE 7-Day Sexual Wellness Challenge here: https://shrtlnk.co/uA27H
Want to unlock more flexibility and strength, reduce your risk of injury, and feel your absolute best over the next 7 days? Then join the FREE 7-Day Beginner’s Yoga for Men Challenge here: https://ManFlowYoga.com/7dc.
Tired of doing a form of yoga that causes more injuries than it helps prevent? The cold, hard truth is men need yoga specifically designed for them. Well, here’s some good news: You can start your 7-day free trial to Man Flow Yoga by visiting https://ManFlowYoga.com/join.
Rate & Review
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
More Podcast Content
Motivation is a fickle beast. One day, your motivation soars and you finally start a fitness program. The next day, your…
What do you do when you’re stuck in a rut and your motivation is running out?
If your first reaction is to…
How Low-Effort Exercise Enhances Your Health More Than High-Intensity Workouts | Brian Mackenzie | Better Man Podcast Ep. 083
Men today live in a constant state of stress. Despite never being safer from external threats, modern society presents us with…
The Power of Being Alone: My 24-Hour Solo Retreat Experience | Dean Pohlman | Better Man Podcast Ep. 082
Today’s hustle culture tricks men, myself included, into jamming more activities into our day to become more productive, more successful, and…
Why Having a Million Dollars in Your Bank Account Won’t Make You Happy | Noah Kagan | Better Man Podcast Ep. 081
Go up to any man on the street and ask him whether he’d like to have more money, and you’ll get…
How To Boost Your Productivity & Work-Life Balance When Working from Home | Dean Pohlman | Better Man Podcast Ep. 080
More people than ever have the option to work from home.
But is working from home all it’s cracked up to be?