I’ve gone through several different “phases” of my fitness routine over the years. I’ve done both weight training exclusively and yoga exclusively, and each of them caused their own set of problems:
Only lifting weights impacted my mobility, and led to more frequent injuries. While only doing yoga hurt my muscle mass, and caused me to develop weakness across various muscle groups.
But for the past 3 years, I’ve done something different than ever before: I mixed weight training with yoga, and my results have never been better.
Weight training keeps me strong, but yoga keeps me mobile and reduces my chance of injury.
In this episode, I peel back the curtain for you so you can decide which type of workout routine works best for you.
We also cover…
- Is fluctuating with your fitness goals or routines optimal?
- The easiest (and most effective) way to decide which type of workout you should do
- And what my current fitness “stack” looks like today, so you can mix yoga with weight training in the most effective way
The Better Man Podcast is an exploration of our health and well-being outside of our physical fitness, exploring and redefining what it means to be better as a man; being the best version of ourselves we can be, while adopting a more comprehensive understanding of our total health and wellness. I hope it inspires you to be better!
Use the RSS link to find the Better Man Podcast on other apps: http://feeds.libsyn.com/404744/rss
Watch a Clip From Episode 059
Episode 059 Highlights
- The REAL cause of knee pain (hint: it has nothing to do with your knees…) (5:58)
- Have a knee or hip surgery scheduled? Listen to this first… you may not need surgery at all (6:38)
- Why mixing weight training with yoga unlocks the best injury-prevention benefits (11:92)
- How Man Flow Yoga speeds up your recovery process and can get you back in the gym within 3 months (15:45)
- The perfect balance between weight training and yoga (and why only doing one prevents you from reaching your fitness potential) (20:17)
- Why you only need 2-3 strength training sessions per week for your muscles to reap the most rewards (25:06)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Sunlighten Saunas: Consistently using a sauna is one of the best ways to relieve aches and pains, reduce your stress, and make your skin glow. Go to ManFlowYoga.com/sunlighten to save up to $600 on an in-home, infrared sauna
Want to improve your sexual wellness, get stronger erections, and last longer in bed? Then join the FREE 7-Day Sexual Wellness Challenge here: https://shrtlnk.co/uA27H
Want to unlock more flexibility and strength, reduce your risk of injury, and feel your absolute best over the next 7 days? Then join the FREE 7-Day Beginner’s Yoga for Men Challenge here: https://ManFlowYoga.com/7dc.
Tired of doing a form of yoga that causes more injuries than it helps prevent? The cold, hard truth is men need yoga specifically designed for them. Well, here’s some good news: You can start your 7-day free trial to Man Flow Yoga by visiting https://ManFlowYoga.com/join.
Rate & Review
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
More Podcast Content
When you exercise consistently and push your body past its limits, injuries can happen. The problem is, most guys don’t know…
Motivation ebbs and flows like the wind. Some days you feel a surge of motivation, but other days your motivational tank…
Everyone on the planet ages the same way: We all lose muscle mass as we age. And muscle mass is actually…
There’s a trap that we all fall into when we want to build healthier habits. Everyone falls into this trap. Myself…
Thriving vs. Surviving: Live a Life You Truly Love Instead of One You Secretly Hate | CJ Finley | Better Man Podcast Ep. 060
Many of us go through life on autopilot, sinking into a comfort that can quickly morph into depression if we don’t…
I’ve gone through several different “phases” of my fitness routine over the years. I’ve done both weight training exclusively and yoga…