Everyone has an evening routine—whether you developed it consciously or not. But many evening routines don’t prepare your mind and body for sleep.
Well, the evening routines created consciously feel more like a to-do list that adds stress and pressure to you right before bed. Whereas evening routines that weren’t created consciously usually involve watching TV or scrolling social media—which can both make it more difficult to actually fall asleep.
The best evening routines help you feel better physically, mentally, and emotionally. And that means they’re simple, fit into your already busy schedule, and give your body a chance to calm down and go to bed relaxed (instead of shifting positions constantly for an hour while you try and battle an anxious body and mind when you shut off the light and go to sleep).
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- What an evening routine is & how to create an easy evening routine that helps you drift into sleep and wake up feeling refreshed
- Why spending even 10 seconds doing a relaxing task like saying goodnight to your animals can dramatically improve your sleep
- How evening routines that are complicated to-do lists in disguise sabotages your sleep
- The #1 goal of your evening routine
- My personal evening routine that I still follow (even though I have a newborn baby in the house)
Want to unlock deeper, more restorative sleep, and wake up feeling more refreshed and ready to conquer your day?
The Better Man Podcast is an exploration of our health and well-being outside of our physical fitness, exploring and redefining what it means to be better as a man; being the best version of ourselves we can be, while adopting a more comprehensive understanding of our total health and wellness. I hope it inspires you to be better!
Use the RSS link to find the Better Man Podcast on other apps: http://feeds.libsyn.com/404744/rss
Watch a Clip From Episode 049
Episode 049 Highlights
- How a lack of sleep undermines the hard work you do in the gym (1:31)
- The #1 goal of your evening routine (and why having a complicated evening routine with several tasks makes achieving this goal impossible) (4:16)
- How replacing TV time before bed with this will help you feel more relaxed and less stressed (even if it takes some effort when you first begin) (8:18)
- The “pleasant and tired buzz” secret for designing an evening routine that helps you wake up motivated to conquer your day (11:00)
- How to transform boring household cypress into your secret weapon for relaxation by slowing them down (14:34)
- Why spending a few minutes foam rolling before bed unlocks deeper, more restorative sleep (18:14)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Rhone: Save 20% on all high-quality, long-lasting, and comfy workout gear from Rhone by using this link: https://manflowyoga.com/rhone
- Caldera Labs: Save 20% on Caldera Labs’s skin serum, the first skin serum I’ve found that is both non-toxic and actually works, by using this link: https://manflowyoga.com/caldera
Want to improve your sexual wellness, get stronger erections, and last longer in bed? Then join the FREE 7-Day Sexual Wellness Challenge here: https://shrtlnk.co/uA27H
Want to unlock more flexibility and strength, reduce your risk of injury, and feel your absolute best over the next 7 days? Then join the FREE 7-Day Beginner’s Yoga for Men Challenge here: https://ManFlowYoga.com/7dc.
Tired of doing a form of yoga that causes more injuries than it helps prevent? The cold, hard truth is men need yoga specifically designed for them. Well, here’s some good news: You can start your 7-day free trial to Man Flow Yoga by visiting https://ManFlowYoga.com/join.
Rate & Review
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
More Podcast Content
When you exercise consistently and push your body past its limits, injuries can happen. The problem is, most guys don’t know…
Motivation ebbs and flows like the wind. Some days you feel a surge of motivation, but other days your motivational tank…
Everyone on the planet ages the same way: We all lose muscle mass as we age. And muscle mass is actually…
There’s a trap that we all fall into when we want to build healthier habits. Everyone falls into this trap. Myself…
Thriving vs. Surviving: Live a Life You Truly Love Instead of One You Secretly Hate | CJ Finley | Better Man Podcast Ep. 060
Many of us go through life on autopilot, sinking into a comfort that can quickly morph into depression if we don’t…
I’ve gone through several different “phases” of my fitness routine over the years. I’ve done both weight training exclusively and yoga…