Everyone has an evening routine—whether you developed it consciously or not. But many evening routines don’t prepare your mind and body for sleep.
Well, the evening routines created consciously feel more like a to-do list that adds stress and pressure to you right before bed. Whereas evening routines that weren’t created consciously usually involve watching TV or scrolling social media—which can both make it more difficult to actually fall asleep.
The best evening routines help you feel better physically, mentally, and emotionally. And that means they’re simple, fit into your already busy schedule, and give your body a chance to calm down and go to bed relaxed (instead of shifting positions constantly for an hour while you try and battle an anxious body and mind when you shut off the light and go to sleep).
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- What an evening routine is & how to create an easy evening routine that helps you drift into sleep and wake up feeling refreshed
- Why spending even 10 seconds doing a relaxing task like saying goodnight to your animals can dramatically improve your sleep
- How evening routines that are complicated to-do lists in disguise sabotages your sleep
- The #1 goal of your evening routine
- My personal evening routine that I still follow (even though I have a newborn baby in the house)
Want to unlock deeper, more restorative sleep, and wake up feeling more refreshed and ready to conquer your day?
The Better Man Podcast is an exploration of our health and well-being outside of our physical fitness, exploring and redefining what it means to be better as a man; being the best version of ourselves we can be, while adopting a more comprehensive understanding of our total health and wellness. I hope it inspires you to be better!
Use the RSS link to find the Better Man Podcast on other apps: http://feeds.libsyn.com/404744/rss
Watch a Clip From Episode 049
Episode 049 Highlights
- How a lack of sleep undermines the hard work you do in the gym (1:31)
- The #1 goal of your evening routine (and why having a complicated evening routine with several tasks makes achieving this goal impossible) (4:16)
- How replacing TV time before bed with this will help you feel more relaxed and less stressed (even if it takes some effort when you first begin) (8:18)
- The “pleasant and tired buzz” secret for designing an evening routine that helps you wake up motivated to conquer your day (11:00)
- How to transform boring household cypress into your secret weapon for relaxation by slowing them down (14:34)
- Why spending a few minutes foam rolling before bed unlocks deeper, more restorative sleep (18:14)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Rhone: Save 20% on all high-quality, long-lasting, and comfy workout gear from Rhone by using this link: https://manflowyoga.com/rhone
- Caldera Labs: Save 20% on Caldera Labs’s skin serum, the first skin serum I’ve found that is both non-toxic and actually works, by using this link: https://manflowyoga.com/caldera
Want to improve your sexual wellness, get stronger erections, and last longer in bed? Then join the FREE 7-Day Sexual Wellness Challenge here: https://shrtlnk.co/uA27H
Want to unlock more flexibility and strength, reduce your risk of injury, and feel your absolute best over the next 7 days? Then join the FREE 7-Day Beginner’s Yoga for Men Challenge here: https://ManFlowYoga.com/7dc.
Tired of doing a form of yoga that causes more injuries than it helps prevent? The cold, hard truth is men need yoga specifically designed for them. Well, here’s some good news: You can start your 7-day free trial to Man Flow Yoga by visiting https://ManFlowYoga.com/join.
Rate & Review
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
More Podcast Content
What do you do when you’re stuck in a rut and your motivation is running out?
If your first reaction is to…
How Low-Effort Exercise Enhances Your Health More Than High-Intensity Workouts | Brian Mackenzie | Better Man Podcast Ep. 083
Men today live in a constant state of stress. Despite never being safer from external threats, modern society presents us with…
The Power of Being Alone: My 24-Hour Solo Retreat Experience | Dean Pohlman | Better Man Podcast Ep. 082
Today’s hustle culture tricks men, myself included, into jamming more activities into our day to become more productive, more successful, and…
Why Having a Million Dollars in Your Bank Account Won’t Make You Happy | Noah Kagan | Better Man Podcast Ep. 081
Go up to any man on the street and ask him whether he’d like to have more money, and you’ll get…
How To Boost Your Productivity & Work-Life Balance When Working from Home | Dean Pohlman | Better Man Podcast Ep. 080
More people than ever have the option to work from home.
But is working from home all it’s cracked up to be?
How to Push Past Your Limiting Beliefs by Operating at a Higher Frequency | Jason Drees | Better Man Podcast Ep. 079
What if I told you that there’s only one thing standing between you and the most impossible goal you could think…