Last episode, I mentioned how I’m the happiest I’ve been in recent memory. In this episode, I’m revealing why…
When most guys want to become happier, their first instinct is to improve their fitness, their finances, or level up in their career. I’ve fallen into this trap myself. But these 3 things don’t make you nearly as happy as focusing on another aspect many guys tend to overlook:
In fact, according to Jonathan Haidt, social psychologist and author of Happiness Hypothesis, the best way to improve your overall happiness is by improving your relationships.
That’s why in this episode, I’m revealing the 3 practices I’ve used to strengthen my most important relationship—my relationship with my wife—so you can use these strategies to strengthen your relationship with your spouse.
Want to strengthen your relationships and improve your happiness?
The Better Man Podcast is an exploration of our health and well-being outside of our physical fitness, exploring and redefining what it means to be better as a man; being the best version of ourselves we can be, while adopting a more comprehensive understanding of our total health and wellness. I hope it inspires you to be better!
Use the RSS link to find the Better Man Podcast on other apps: http://feeds.libsyn.com/404744/rss
Watch a Clip From Episode 041
Episode 041 Highlights
- The top 3 practices to strengthen your relationship with your spouse (even if conflict frequently bubbles up) (3:08)
- How to get a “personal trainer” for your mental wellbeing by doing this specific type of therapy (3:27)
- Why doing couples therapy even when your relationship is great can actually make it stronger and more rewarding (4:13)
- The changes that occur in your relationship when your wife becomes your children’s mother (5:45)
- The insidious “Chronic Contempt” trap long-term relationships fall into which poisons them from the inside out (7:48)
- Why seeking outside help for your relationship struggles is a sign of strength, not weakness or failure (9:51)
- The biggest mistake men make when trying to calm their spouse’s worries and anxieties actually make it worse (and how to fix it to strengthen your relationship) (15:56)
- How seeing your spouse as your role model can morph a healthy relationship into a toxic one (18:04)
- How to transform every conflict in your relationship into an opportunity to improve it (22:44)
Want to improve your sexual wellness, get stronger erections, and last longer in bed? Then join the FREE 7-Day Sexual Wellness Challenge here: https://shrtlnk.co/uA27H
Want to unlock more flexibility and strength, reduce your risk of injury, and feel your absolute best over the next 7 days? Then join the FREE 7-Day Beginner’s Yoga for Men Challenge here: https://ManFlowYoga.com/7dc.
Tired of doing a form of yoga that causes more injuries than it helps prevent? The cold, hard truth is men need yoga specifically designed for them. Well, here’s some good news: You can start your 7-day free trial to Man Flow Yoga by visiting https://ManFlowYoga.com/join.
Rate & Review
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
More Podcast Content
Why Practicing Gratitude Will Boost Your Happiness (And How To Start) | Dean Pohlman | Better Man Podcast Ep. 073
Humans are hardwired to focus on the negative. This “biological glitch” saved us from tiger attacks in the past—but it causes…
The Booby Trap of Self-Help (And How To Actually Improve Your Life) | Andrew Daniel | Better Man Podcast Ep. 072
SThe self-help industry is a massive industry. And for good reason: Self-help can teach you how to be the cause in…
Trusting In The Process Even When You’re Not Seeing Results | Dean Pohlman | Better Man Podcast Ep. 071
When we start something new—whether a new financial plan, fitness regimen, or diet protocol—there’s a period that happens a few weeks…
Should you try switching to a plant-based diet? Is it really that much better than eating meat? What are the unique…
Man Flow Yoga & Fit Father Project: How Men Over 40 Are Losing Weight & Eliminating Pain | Dr. Anthony Balduzzi | Better Man Podcast Ep. 069
Men over 40 are overweight, obese, and riddled with pain! The statistics behind this are shocking: Over 50% of men over…
In 2012, Adam Sud lived a completely different life than he does today: He weighed 350 lbs, had diabetes, and was…